I tried to do the math. How many times have I said the Lord’s Prayer so far in my lifetime? I figure the number must be well over a thousand (I stopped counting there because that number was high enough). How could I have prayed it that many times and never felt its meaning and power? Why had it never felt like anything more than simply a memory verse? For as many times as I’ve prayed the Lord’s Prayer, I never understood why it’s the most vital prayer we have.
Until I started to pray it slowly. Very slowly. One line at a time. Diving deep into each word.
More than a Memory Verse
The Lord’s Prayer was never meant to be simply a memory verse, a prayer we pray out of rote memory. Jesus gave us this prayer as a template for how to communicate with God for the most effective and impactful prayers. We memorize the Lord’s Prayer so that the structure and content are readily accessible, but we’re missing the power if we only pray those 72 words.
When’s the last time you prayed the Lord’s Prayer? When’s the last time it made an impact in your life and guided your prayer conversation?
I think most of us struggle with the Lord’s Prayer – and that’s normal. If we grew up in church, we learned it as children. Or, maybe we learned it as an adult, reciting it in church each Sunday. Maybe you don’t even know it very well at all.
But, what if you took a look through fresh eyes? What if you could unlock the power of prayer by digging deep into this prayer? What if you took the time to sit at the feet of Jesus and really learn about prayer through the framework of the Lord’s Prayer? What if this prayer could teach you all you need to know about how to pray?
Experience the Lord’s Prayer as Never Before
Pray Deep: The Lord’s Prayer is a 40 day study of the Lord’s Prayer. During this 40 day journey through the Lord’s Prayer, you’ll dive deep into each line of the prayer, learning to pray in more personal and profound ways. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll pray through each line of the prayer, exploring various aspects of each. You’ll experience the Lord’s Prayer as never before, unlocking the power of this prayer and learning how to truly pray.
- A 72-page study guide (download and print yourself with the digital download version, or order a printed book to be mailed to your house).
- Overview of each line from the Lord’s Prayer to bring focus to each week’s study.
- Daily devotional, selected scriptures, and key reflection questions to dig deeper into each week’s focus.
- Specific prayer prompts to guide your conversations with God as you progress through the Lord’s Prayer.
- Weekly reflection worksheets to solidify how your study that week will influence your prayers going forward and to capture anything God has whispered into your heart.
- Worksheets to personalize the Lord’s Prayer as you study each line.
Digital Download (8.5 in x 11 in) – $10.00
Download and print your own version of Pray Deep: The Lord’s Prayer. This full-color version is formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 inch sheets. Please note you will not receive a physical product, only a downloadable PDF file that you can print at home.
Printed Book (8.5 in x 11 in) – $12.99
Pray Deep: The Lord’s Prayer is also available as a black and white printed book. This is a physical product shipped to your home. (Please note the button below will take you to Createspace, who fulfills these orders. You can also click here to find it Amazon.)
Sign up below for a free printable prayer calendar with the daily prayer prompts, plus a printable of the Lord’s Prayer.
Use as a Group Study:
Use Pray Deep: The Lord’s Prayer as a 9 week group study. Below are some suggestions to structure your weekly discussions.
- Discuss pages 5 and 6 of the study guide, introducing the Lord’s Prayer.
- Ask members of the group to share their experiences with the prayer and why they have or have not connected with it in the past.
- Read the quote from Henry Ward Beecher and ask
- Read Matthew 6:9-15 and Luke 11:1-13. Then review the outline of the Lord’s Prayer on page 6 and discuss what key points about prayer Jesus is teaching.
- Close by praying the Lord’s Prayer together.
- For the following 8 weekly discussions, begin with a recap of the prior week’s study.
- Select 3-5 key reflection questions for the group discussion.
- Ask participants to share how that week’s study spoke to them and how it will shape how they pray.
- Close by praying the Lord’s Prayer together. Allow time after that week’s key line for members of the group to add their own prayers. Use the “In Your Own Words” page as a guide.
Join the 40 Day Lord’s Prayer Challenge!
Experience the power of the Lord's Prayer like never before! Get the FREE 40 day prayer calendar, plus bonus printable of the Lord's Prayer.